Soul Soil Collective is a Black and Trans-led collaboration between healers, land-workers, makers, educators, and organizers working together to co-create community-oriented and trauma-informed practices of healing, learning, and deepening relationships with the natural world that is the Baltimore, MD area.
Soul Soil Collective Farm, Inc. is the non-profit organization that several members of Soul Soil Collective formed to facilitate acquiring and then managing the farmland that we plan to purchase to host community educational programming on environmental care, land-based healing, healing retreats, and other community-oriented activities.
Soul Soil Collective Farm, Inc.
We are a majority Black and trans*NB/gender-expansive-led organization that will manage the farm & community space we are planning to purchase. We seek to provide BIPOC and LGBTQIA-identified individuals, couples, and families with access to:
(1) land held in common for the use & healing of individuals/groups who face racist, generational, and classist barriers from access to land stewardship, especially Black and gender and/or sexual minorities; and
(2) space for programming, events, and retreats that invite collaborators to deepen their relationships with and learn from local ecology and the more-than-human world; including
(3) culturally-competent, evidence-based and ecology-informed holistic healing services such as therapy provided by licensed clinicians, and peer support programming at free or low-cost to un/underinsured underserved populations.
(4) Our first programs will center on:
• Trans-centered healing and therapy
• Reproductive Justice service delivery
• Healing retreats that support practices of intergenerational care and caring for the land
• Land Stewardship and defense
As a majority Black and trans*NB/gender-expansive-led and managed organization, SSCF, Inc. seeks to support and enable new world-building for/as Black people. We seek to center Black and trans*NB/gender-expansive wisdom and experiences as we aim to take back the economy and reshape it in service to health and life, and are in collaboration and solidarity with those building an economy that asserts the right to breath, to care, and to life.
Who we are
Soul Soil Collective's visioning team
All of us have been dreaming for years of finding/building/creating a sanctuary for land-based healing in Maryland; in 2022, our dreams came together to form the Soul Soil Collective.